Sadly many businesses today are designing their websites without any online strategy or marketing targets.
This could be due to budget constraints, lack of information or planning…
Simply designing a website, putting it on the web and doing nothing else, is like printing a stack of flyers and putting them in your drawer… just because you have a website doesn’t mean people are going to see it or use it.
Here is a checklist of 8 essential points for a fully high performing website.
These points can be implement at once or over time depending on your budget and business goals.
- Plan your goals, strategy & tactics… So you know exactly what you want to achieve, the online project can be scoped out accurately in line with your expectations and quoted on accordingly.
- Review/develop branding strategy and possibly develop stand-a-lone graphics to enhance branding and website content.
- Design and set-up your new web or eCommerce site to a modern layout using a system that will allow you to control your website that is fully expandable for future changes and measurable for future decision making. Design and set-up new or review existing social media accounts and sharing facilities.
- Invest in some professional copy writing – write new content and communicate effectively why your business is so special. Have your content formatted properly to make it more likely for a website visitor to contact you.
- Monitor your website via reports in terms of it’s performance so you know what is happening and are in a position to make smart, informed decisions to meet your success goals.
- Optimise your website fully so it is in the best shape possible for when search engines come crawling through. Improve usability an accessibility.
- Training – learn how to use social media platforms effectively and develop a social media marketing plan. Training on how to use your website platform so you have effective control over your investment.
- Invest in a Search Engine Marketing Campaign to improve search engine rankings and bring the right target market to your site.